So I have tried to install this update 2 times. Both attempts have left ubuntu un-bootable.
I will fix this problem, eventually. Not tonight, I'm too tired and busy. After that I am likely to do one of two things.
1) Disable the winupdate service or whatever in win10
2) Format the issue at its source.
It is silly... amateur. How can it be, that not one geek working at microsoft, who dual boots windows 10 and ubuntu, took notice of this hostile update?
The whole can disable/can't disable updates based on the version of your windows just feels very high school drama-ish. Why as the owner of my pc, should I not have the power to delegate software updates as I see fit. Does microsoft own my pc or do I own my pc?
To be honest I really don't even care, I just want easy to download (i'm on old school dsl) and safe to install updates.
Just a warning I guess, to other dual booters.
Recommended Solution: At present, it is not difficult for computer users to get Warning: Update 1511 tinkering with partitions? problems. If you choose to ignore this error and continue to use your computer, you may find that your PC runs slower and slower. The truth is troubleshooting Warning: Update 1511 tinkering with partitions? error can be extremely easy.
Guide to Using SmartPCFixer, get rid of Warning: Update 1511 tinkering with partitions?
1. Click Here to Download SmartPCFixer.
2. Click "Save Files" to install the application.
3. Double click Setup files complete SmartPCFixer installation process.
4. Choose the language of your country.
5. Clicking the "Next" button to complete the process.
6. Click "Finish" button.
7. Launch SmartPCFixer and Run a complete scan for your computer.
Resolve Warning: Update 1511 tinkering with partitions? Problems On Your Own.As a matter of fact, Warning: Update 1511 tinkering with partitions? not found error can be resolved by performing a system restore.
1. Click "Start", Type "System Restore" in the searching box, then choose system restore as the pictures below.
2. Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.
Related: windows 10 Upgrade Error 80004005,error 80004005 During Windows 10 Installation,windows 10 Update Error 80004005,windows Update Error Code 80004005,error 80004005 During Windows 10 Installation
Read More: ,BSOD Critical_Process_Died,BSOD when gaming and not gaming,Constant Critical Process Died BSOD,OEM re-reinstallation not activating,BSOD every other day